Air Quality Assessment with PM MAPPER®
PM MAPPER® allows extracting near surface particulate matter concentration maps automatically handling following inputs:
- MODIS data with resolution, 500m, 1 km;
- georeferencing information;
- ancillary data (atmospheric profiles, ice/snow cover, etc.);
PM MAPPER® generates, as output:
- near surface PM10 concentration maps in µg/m3 at 1km x 1km
- near surface PM2.5 concentration maps in µg/m3 at 1km x 1km
- thematic maps representing the air quality index, based on the US Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA 2006) classification criteria at 1km x 1km.
Output maps are delivered in the most common geospatial formats (ENVI, GeoTIFF, JPEG2000, GoogleEarth).